Thank you to everyone who attended this year’s Badger Swine Symposium! Join us again next year at UW-Platteville, date TBD.
Badger Swine Symposium
Friday, November 9, 2018
Arlington Ag Research Station Public Events Center
N695 Hopkins Rd, Arlington, WI 53911
Schedule of Events:
9:30 a.m. Registration/Check In
10:00 a.m. Welcome & Introductions
10:15 a.m. Swine Health Rule Update
10:45 a.m. Heat Stress and Boar Infertility
11:30 a.m. CRISPR Gene Edited Pigs: Applications and Explanations for Swine
12:00 p.m. Lunch
- Meat Science & Animal Biologics Discovery Program: Opportunities on the Horizon
- Roles of Dietary Ca in Milk Fever and Uterine Prolapses in Sows
- Using “Big Data” Analysis for Establishing Management Decisions
- Pig Production Data Analytics
- Computer Vision in Swine Production
2:30 p.m. Feed Manufacturing Quality Control & Biosecurity
3:00 p.m. Optional Feed Mill Tour & current Issues in the Swine Industry Panel
The Badger Swine Symposium is free to attend thanks to sponsorship from the animal sciences departments at UW-Madison, Platteville, and River Falls, UW-Extension Swine Team, Wisconsin Pork Association, and the Pork Checkoff.
Online Registration is now closed. If you would like to register, please call the WPA office at 608-723-7551.