Assistant Program Director
Dynamic position promoting Wisconsin’s pork industry for the not-for-profit Wisconsin Pork Association. The position provides flexibility to enhance leadership skills and additional growth within the organization.
Nature of Position
- • Participates in carrying out WPA’s mission, goals, objectives and related policies as outlined in the job description.
- • Serves as the association’s program manager and executive assistant.
- • Reports to the Executive Vice President.
- • Office base is Lancaster, Wisconsin.
- • Full-time, 5 days per week, exempt status
- • Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in agriculture, marketing, communications or related field.
- • Relevant experience considered.
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills including social media experience.
- • Office management skills with an interest to further the association’s mission.
- • Understanding of the livestock industry.
- • Team player that possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
- • Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed.
- • Ability to perform job duties including lifting, walking and standing as needed.
- • Available for occasional night or weekend work.
- • Salary and benefit package commensurate with experience.
Submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Keri Retallick at firstname.lastname@example.org. Job description is available upon request. Preferred date of submittal is no later than July 15, but resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Wisconsin Pork Association
Assistant Program Director
Position Summary: The Assistant Program Director is responsible for implementing the programs, communications and activities of the Wisconsin Pork Association. Job responsibilities include office management; promotions, youth and educational activities; association communications; and fundraising activities. These programs should further the mission of the Wisconsin Pork Association and industry. The Assistant Program Director reports to the Executive Vice President.
FLSA Status: Exempt
I. Administration and Office Management
- A. Work with the Executive Vice President to implement an annual program of work within budget guidelines.
- B. Act as a resource person to the board as requested; this will include attending regular board meetings.
- C. Coordinate association fundraisers, including Pork Schoppe, WPS Farm Show, and golf outing. Monitor and recommend other fundraising opportunities.
- D. Review and monitor past, present and future industry trends to ensure WPA programs are relevant and addressing current challenges and opportunities. Develop ideas and recommendations for current and future programs.
- E. Oversee daily operations of the state office, including, but not limited to mail processing, correspondence, and scheduling of meetings.
- F. Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Vice President.
II. Committees and Programs
- A. Direct WPA’s promotion and youth committees, including recommending the annual program of work and budget. Implement programs upon approval of committees and board.
- B. Develop and distribute association communications, including weekly member e-mail, bi-monthly newsletter, website, and social media sources.
- C. Work with the Executive Vice President to develop, recruit and maintain a strong membership program.
- D. Coordinate annual pork expo activities in conjunction with the Executive Vice President.
- E. Communicate with local, state and national organizations on pork industry program needs and accomplishments and facilitate involvement in WPA programs.