In 2020, the Wisconsin Pork Producers Association is working to increase the demand for pork and build trust with the public about what happens on modern family farms. You have been selected to participate in this program because you are a strong supporter of farmers. To help bring these goals to life, we are partnering with a total of 10 online influencers to share pork recipes that are super easy, super delicious and the simple techniques behind them. We are looking for your help to keep the product our farmers work so hard to produce in the social spotlight.
- Pork is EASY to prepare
- How do you determine when this cut of pork is done cooking?
- The safe internal pork cooking temperature for fresh cuts is 145 degrees F.
- Pork is Good for You & Nutritious – Pork is lean, a great souce of protein leanness, protein, other ‘good for you’ reasons to eat pork – more details here: https://www.pork.org/cooking/pork-nutrition/
- Benefits Of Pork In Your Diet
- Source of Key Nutrients: Pork is both a good source of protein and also provides several important vitamins and minerals. A 3-ounce serving of pork is an “excellent” source of thiamin, selenium, protein, niacin, vitamin B6 and phosphorus, and a “good” source of riboflavin, zinc and potassium.
- Heart-Healthy: Pork is naturally low in sodium and a “good” source of potassium – two nutrients that, when coupled, can help regulate blood pressure. The American Heart Association has certified the pork tenderloin and pork sirloin roast meet the criteria as heart-healthy foods, indicating that they contain less than 5 grams of fat, 2 grams or less of saturated fat and 480 milligrams or less of sodium per label serving, among other criteria.
• Pork is Versatile
Jennifer Osterholt- Instant Pot Sausage & Sauerkraut in Beer https://plowingthroughlife.com/instant-pot-sauerkraut-and-sausage/
Nick Chipman- Cornbread Waffle Pulled Pork Sandwiches https://dudefoods.com/cornbread-waffle-pulled-pork-sandwiches/
Adriana Martin- Grilled pork chops bowl https://www.adrianasbestrecipes.com/chipotle-pork-chops-bowl/
Julie Pollitt- Slow Cooker pork chops & rice https://www.backtomysouthernroots.com/slow-cooker-pork-chops-and-rice/
Marta Rivera Diaz- Picadillo Empanadas https://senseandedibility.com/pork-picadillo-empanadas/
Nick Chipman- Pork Tenderloin Corn Dogs https://dudefoods.com/pork-sirloin-corn-dogs/
Carlee Scharnhorst- Cheesy Potato & Pork Chop Casserole https://www.cookingwithcarlee.com/2020/03/pork-chops-and-cheesy-potato-bake.html
Julie Pollitt- Air Fryer
Jessica Knott- Instant Pot Boneless Pork Roast
Deanne Frieders- Honey Dijon Pork Chops – sous vide & multiple cooking styles
Ashley Lecker- Skillet Pork Marsala
Sarah Ozimek- Grilled Greek pork skewer