About the Whitmore Memorial Scholarship
Wisconsin Pork Association, in cooperation with Marian Whitmore, established a Whitmore Memorial Fund in August of 1991. The late Rex Whitmore was a master statesman and communicator throughout the swine industry. He served as Poland China fieldman, test station manager, swine judge, and first executive director of the Wisconsin Pork Producers Association. Rex was always willing to help a young person with a swine project. Rex was a real leader. His enthusiasm and positive attitude were strengths he was well know for. Rex will be missed, but his memory will live on through this scholarship.
- Must be a registered junior or senior in college at one of the following University of Wisconsin campuses:
- River Falls
- Preference given to a Wisconsin resident
- Priority given to those applicants pursuing an Animal Science major or closely related major.
- Criteria considerations include, but not limited to:
- Grade point – applicant should be in top one-third of class
- Extra-curricular activities – demonstrate leadership and ability to share knowledge
- Career Orientation
- Financial Need
Whitmore Memorial Scholarship Application
Applications are available from each respective campus’ contact person:
UW-Madison: Karen Martin
UW-Platteville: Sara Whitaker
UW-River Falls: Dr. Gary Onan
The application deadline for this scholarship has passed. Applications will be available in Fall 2017.