About the Neil Dierks Scholarship
The National Pork Industry Foundation (NPIF) is pleased to announce the 2023 Neil Dierks Scholarship, which is sponsored by the National Pork Industry Foundation and is managed and administered by the National Pork Producers Council.
One $5,000 scholarship is annually awarded to a student who intends to pursue a career in the pork industry with hopes that they may emerge as a future pork industry leader.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a current or (applied for acceptance) graduate student in a swine program.
- Write a brief letter indicating what role the applicant sees themselves playing in the pork industry after their graduate program degree.
- Submit an essay of 750 words or less describing an issue the applicant sees confronting the pork industry today or in the future, including offering their solutions and their role in the pork industry.
- Obtain two letters of reference from current or former professors or industry professionals.
- Prepare a cover sheet with the following information:
- Name of Applicant
- Name of School that you completed undergraduate degree/degree title.
- Name of school enrolled for Graduate work
- Contact Information (home and school mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address)
Essays will be judged based on clarity and expression, persuasiveness, originality, and relevance of topic. The recipient of the Neil Dierks Scholarship will be announced at the National Pork Industry Forum. NPIF reserves the right to publish any or all parts of the essays submitted.
National Pork Producers Council
ATTN: Neil Dierks Scholarship
P.O. Box 10383
Des Moines, IA 50306-9960
All entries must be sent by December 31st, 2022, to be accepted. Please contact Janine Van Vark, NPPC Director of Outreach Marketing, with any questions about the scholarship at 515-645-9658 or via email at email@example.com.