1. Pork is Full of Flavor & EASY to Prepare!
- Pork is versatile.
- Pork is easy & delicious.
- The safe internal pork cooking temperature for fresh cuts is 145 degrees F.
2. Pork is Good for Me and My Family!
- Pork brings families together to create real, lasting memories.
- Pork creates meals you feel good about feeding your family.
- Source of Key Nutrients: Pork is both a good source of protein and also provides several important vitamins and minerals. A 3-ounce serving of pork is an “excellent” source of thiamin, selenium, protein, niacin, vitamin B6 and phosphorus, and a “good” source of riboflavin, zinc and potassium.
- Heart-Healthy: Pork is naturally low in sodium and a “good” source of potassium – two nutrients that, when coupled, can help regulate blood pressure. The American Heart Association has certified the pork tenderloin and pork sirloin roast meet the criteria as heart-healthy foods, indicating that they contain less than 5 grams of fat, 2 grams or less of saturated fat and 480 milligrams or less of sodium per label serving, among other criteria.
- Pork has a lot of lean options. Today’s pork has about 16% less fat and 27% less saturated fat as compared to 30 years ago.
- For more details visit: https://www.pork.org/cooking/pork-nutrition/
3. Pork is Raised by Real Farmers on Real Farms in Wisconsin and the United States. Pork is:
- Raised with passion, care, a desire to feed the world.
- Pork is very affordable.
- “Providing safe, nutritious food is our most important responsibility”.
- “We Care” commitment – Home – We Care (porkcares.org)
- Whether you buy meat from a local butcher shop OR the grocery store you are still supporting farm families! When you shop at any grocery store you are supporting family farms in Wisconsin and the United States.
Eric Stonestreet Dispels Myths in New Pig Farming PSA’s
To view all influencer posts/recipes, follow Wisconsin Pork Association via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter or follow hashtags #WisconsinPork and #WiPork.
Jennifer Osterholt- Instant Pot Sausage & Sauerkraut in Beer https://plowingthroughlife.com/instant-pot-sauerkraut-and-sausage/
Nick Chipman- Cornbread Waffle Pulled Pork Sandwiches https://dudefoods.com/cornbread-waffle-pulled-pork-sandwiches/
Julie Pollitt- Slow Cooker pork chops & rice https://www.backtomysouthernroots.com/slow-cooker-pork-chops-and-rice/
Nick Chipman- Pork Tenderloin Corn Dogs https://dudefoods.com/pork-sirloin-corn-dogs/
Carlee Scharnhorst- Cheesy Potato & Pork Chop Casserole https://www.cookingwithcarlee.com/2020/03/pork-chops-and-cheesy-potato-bake.html
Julie Pollitt- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops & Potatoes https://www.backtomysouthernroots.com/slow-cooker-ranch-pork-chops/
Jessica Knott- Instant Pot Boneless Pork Roast
Deanne Frieders- Honey Dijon Pork Chops – sous vide & multiple cooking styles
Heather Johnson – Smoked Pork Loin
Sarah Ozimek- Grilled Greek pork skewer